Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The way we were....

Ladies,
Remember when we were younger and everything was so simple and cut and dry? Namely relationships. I mean back then you met a guy in the sandbox after your morning juice box, he'd hit you or spit on you or do something equally grotesque and then by nap time he was your boyfriend. Ahh the good ol' days. But as with most things in life, around the time we stopped wearing training bras and listening to Aaron Carter it got complicated. Nowadays relationships and this thing we call love are about as complicated as trying to figure out why people like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian are famous. Now I could sit here on this blog on this beautiful Tuesday night when I'm supposed to be studying for exams and tell you a bunch of comforting, but impeccably worded lies to soothe your fears about relationships. In this blog i'm telling it like it is, no holes barred. As the authour of this blog I feel that it is my duty not to sugar-coat and bullshit the truth about things that need to be heard. So here we go, right into it. When a man cheats on you; HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU. And I don't give a shit what he tells you or the circumstances in which he committed such an act. "Babe it just happened", "I wasn't thinking", and "It meant nothing" are all phrases I'm sure you've all heard before when dealing with cheating bastards. Let me tell you something, it did not "just happen, he was thinking, and it did mean something. He's lying when he says that he wasn't thinking of you or your relationship. He was thinking of you, every step of the way. When he made plans with her; he thought of you. When he opened the door to let her in; he thought of you. When he started to kiss her; he thought of you. When he took off his pants and had sex with her; he thought of you. He thought of you throughout the entire thing and guess what: HE DIDN'T CARE. And deep down you know thats the truth. You can sit there and pacify yourself all you want with all that "he loves me and it was a mistake" bullshit, but trust me, it will never silence the voice in the back of your head telling you that you're not good enough and not enough for him; a voice that wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for his actions. And the worst thing you can ever do, besides wearing white pants and white shoes, is take him back after he's cheated. I don't give a shit what he says and what promises he makes; he no longer respects you or your relationship. He's gotten one over on you and he knows it. When you take him back after cheating you might as well say to him "I don't think I deserve more, so I'll settle for you". And you know that "resentment" you feel for him right after he's cheated? Well I'll tell you right now that is NOT resentment you feel for him for cheating; it's resentment you feel for yourself for not having the strength to walk away. Anyways, that's enough ranting for one night. So until next time........

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU SHARA TROTT!! pleaseeeeee write a book.

    ur bestfriend, sister and BIGGEST FAN!! - blake : )

    mwah!

    ReplyDelete